Saturday, July 23, 2011

Milk Glass Vases

Several years ago I went into an antique store with my grandparents.  They bought me a mint green hobnail vase that I had fallen absolutely in love with.  At the very beginning of the wedding planning process I knew that I wanted to somehow incorporate hobnail into our wedding.  Our colors are navy and lavendar so I won't be incorporating my original mint green vase but I have been lucky to find white Fenton pieces elsewhere.
A few months ago I visited one of my bridesmaids, Britney, and we went to the antique stores downtown in Delaware (OH).  I ended up finding about 15 pieces of hobnail to use!  One of my other bridesmaids, Billie Jo, also found me a few pieces at Goodwill. 
Last week my mother and sister came to visit.  We had an appointment with my florist and it turns out that he had a whole box full of milk glass that he had stored away.  He had so many that I got to pick and choose which ones I wanted to use for the wedding.  Thanks to him and the help of friends and family we have all of the vases we need for beautiful centerpieces!
Original Inspirtation
We are not using milk glass like this but our flowers will be similar.
We will use a variety of Fenton pieces big and small on some tables. Others will have individual vases.
I love the fullness of the roses in this vase.  I hope our florist can re-create a similar look using lavendar roses.
I absolutely LOVE this look.  
Not hobnail but I love the hydrangea and roses together (something we hope to do) and it seems so romantic!

Another idea I've presented to our florist in hopes that he can re-create:


No comments:

Post a Comment