Saturday, August 20, 2011

Hotel Bags

So this might spoil it for any readers staying in the hotel but I haven't updated in awhile so here we go.....Hotel bags aren't really a big deal, throw a few waters, a sample pack of advil and pretzel bags together and you're done.  Easy, but we will have guests coming from as far as Louisiana, so I really want to make them special. 
First we'll start with a simple navy blue or lavendar gift bag.  I like these personalized bags from Oriental Trading:


Then I've created these 'Thank You' bag tags to attach with ribbon to a sachet of lavendar.

Bag Tags:



Lavendar sachets (got these for cheap on etsy too!):



Also, after browsing the wedding aisle at Michael's I came across these DIY water bottle labels.  Thanks to http://www.gartnerstudios.com/, I was able to come up with several different patterns combining different blues and purples (can't figure out how to rotate this!). 




Another idea I found on etsy was to make hotel door hangers:
Rather than pay $15 for 20 of them, I found a door hanger template on Microsoft Word and created my own using cardstock.
I'll laminate them, decorate with small rhinestones and maybe thread ribbon to make a bow under the doorknob hole.  Easy to make and fun!  Hopefully the hotel will  hang them on our guests' doors prior to their arrival :)


The hotel in which I reserved a block of rooms provided me with enough Miami County Guide books (which includes a map) to fill each bag:

Winans Candies ( http://www.winanscandies.com/default.aspx) is a great place to go if you want delicious chocolate.  The business is unique to Troy and the surrounding area.  For Christmas, my future mother-in-law put these caramels with our gifts:
I was never that big a fan of caramels until I ate these.  So to spread the goodness, I thought it would be nice to add a 'taste of Troy' to the hotel bags by putting a few caramels in each one.

Here are some cute ideas for personalizing your wedding weekend schedule:
 
My wonderful friend and bridesmaid Britney came all the way from Delaware (OH) last night to help me finish up some wedding projects.  After sending Brian on a mad search for cute wedding stamps (I didn't want the ugly gold rings or wedding cake-they are too boring!) he came back with the Garden of Love stamps.  Go figure, one of them has two doves on it.

So, Britney and I spent the night stamping all of my wedding envelopes & RSVP cards, finishing a few table number frames, making some of the door hangers and putting the hotel bags together.

 Britney stamping envelopes.

 We thought these Dasani water bottles had navy blue lids when we bought them (which would match our theme perfectly!) but they are the 'Plant Bottles' (30% made from plants!) so the lids are green instead of navy blue :(  But that's okay, they still look nice!

Finished Project.

What other goodies should we throw in? 

No comments:

Post a Comment